Topics covered during the course
• History of clinical examination with SPs
• Latest exam changes/trends
• Preparedness for exam day
• Exam center layout/examination room layout/equipment/instruments
• Exam format/Regulations
• Scoring system and the strategic approach for high performance
• Time management
• An outline and "walk-through" of each phase of the typical patient encounter
• High yield tips/frequently committed mistakes
• Tips on typing patient notes
• Patient interviewing skills
• Focused history taking and data gathering
• Performing with confidence
• Physician etiquette and professionalism
• Making a first impression and building rapport with the patient
• Interpersonal skills
• Physician/patient relationship
• Body language/Proxemics
• Non-verbal Communication
• Counseling patients
• Answering challenging questions
• Expressing sincere empathy in appropriate situations
• Handling challenging patients
• Complete components of a proper closing
• Physical exam techniques
• Clear communication and speech proficiency
• Pronunciation tips
• ERAS/NRMP statistics
• Tips for match & residency
• Handling exam stress and utilizing relaxation techniques
"What time does class begin and end?"
"Why choose STEP2IT? How is it different? Why is it the best choice?"
"America's most affordable Live USMLE Step 2 CS Course"
"How do I enroll?"
There will be plenty of facilitation and discussion of these topics, but the majority of class time after day 1 will be devoted to SP encounters. This is the most important part of your clinical examination preparation.